Nourishing Chocolate Brownies
These easy & delicious chocolate brownies really hit-the-spot. They are made from nutrient dense ingredients and are naturally sweetened with coconut sugar. If you have a sweet tooth but choose not to eat grains, gluten or refined sugar, these nourishing chocolate brownies are for you.
One of the gluten free flours found in this recipe is banana flour. If you don't have banana flour you can always substitute it with extra almond meal. I however, really enjoy the subtle earthy flavour of banana flour. Banana flour supports gut health, is rich in minerals and won't taint your baking with a banana taste.
When choosing chocolate look out for:
High content of cacao (the higher the better)
Low in sugar (naturally, the higher the cacao content the lower the sugar)
Minimal ingredients (avoid milk solids, emulsifiers & flavours)
Nourishing Chocolate Brownies Recipe
200g organic butter
180g dark chocolate (I used 2 x 90g green & black 85% chocolate blocks)
1/2 cup banana flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut cream
3 organic eggs
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees & line a square baking tin with baking paper
• Melt chocolate & butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Allow to cool slightly.
• Add remaining ingredients & stir until completely smooth
• Spoon the batter into the prepared tin & bake for approximately 30 mins
• Enjoy warm straight from the oven (with some coconut cream & berries) or store in the fridge for later