This crunchy golden fig and macadamia granola is our favourite go-to breakfast at the moment. This wholesome blend of nuts, seeds, fruit, and grains is the perfect combination to keep you going throughout the morning. We are currently loving it with coconut yoghurt and fresh seasonal fruits.
Baked in butter & naturally sweetened, this granola will have you going back for more. In fact, I would suggest you make a double batch as it certainly doesn't last long in our house. It's easy to prepare and of course full of wholesome goodness.
Fig & Macadamia Granola
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup puffed quinoa
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pepitas
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup macadamias, roughly chopped
1 cup dried figs, roughly chopped
1/3 cup organic butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees
2. Place all ingredients except butter & maple syrup into a large bowl
3. In a small saucepan melt butter over low heat, stir in maple syrup
4. Pour melted liquid over granola and mix well
5. Evenly spread granola over 2 baking trays and bake for 10-15 mins or until golden brown, stir the granola every 5 minutes.
6. Leave to cool completely and store in a glass mason jar
7. Serve with coconut yoghurt or milk of choice + seasonal fruit & enjoy!